The Kitchen Assistant plays a key support role for the Chef/Instructor and student/guest during our cooking classes and/or private events.
- Kitchen Assistant duties involve assisting the Chef Instructors for online and in-person cooking and baking classes including:
- Preparing all ingredients and setting the kitchen with the necessary equipment for the class or event.
- Reporting to the Chef during scheduled classes and work closely with them to assist by anticipating their needs and the needs of guests.
- Warmly welcome and receive students and private party guests of our school and assisting them in preparing for their cooking or baking experience.
- Clean and sanitize the kitchen area in coordination with Chef and Dish Washer as needed to prepare for the next phase of the event, including removing all dirty materials including but not limited to: dishes, glassware, tableware pots, pans and other cooking utensils during classes and events.
- Maintain cleaning and safety standards as directed.
- Help with storage organization and other projects when needed.
- Other duties as directed.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Previous kitchen assisting experience in a commercial kitchen is preferred.
- Must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to approximately 35 pounds.
- General knowledge of a kitchen, kitchen equipment and food & produce basics.
- High energy, and ability to hustle.
- Positive attitude.
- Team-player oriented.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Good time management.
To apply for the job, please print and complete the application form.