A Sales Associate is responsible for assisting store management in opening and closing procedures, cash handling, bank deposits and Daily business recaps. Additionally, like all members of the team, they are responsible for driving business through excellence in selling, customer service, clienteling and general store functioning.
- Perform store opening and closing duties
- Daily bank deposits
- Write daily business recaps
- Welcome every Client that enters the
- Master product knowledge and brand design
inspiration—tell our story.
- Uphold best in class service and selling
- Establish lasting Client relationships
through thorough outreach and follow up; including in home design consultations.
- Grow client and designer base.
- Partner with the store team to execute, achieve and exceed the goals of the store.
- Accurately execute operational tasks such as ringing sales, receiving stock, shipping merchandise and maintaining the look of the showroom
- Participate in special store functions as directed by the store leader; such as floor sets, client events, store meetings and physical inventory
Essential Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to deliver excellent Client Service while delivering sales goals
- Ability to articulately tell the story of the brand through product knowledge and brand design inspiration
- Willingness to follow direction and work as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve—anticipate challenges, ask questions and react accordingly
- Proficiency at multi-tasking, prioritizing and organizing
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to move merchandise through the store generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
- 2–3 years of retail client service and sales experience, preferably in interiors/home furnishings
- Contemporary sense of style and culture
- Microsoft Windows proficiency, especially Word and Excel
- Strong contacts in and knowledge of the local interior design community is preferred
Applicants can submit resume to email@example.com